Lead iOS Engineer
We’re looking for a smart, passionate iOS engineer who solves problems quickly and has a startup mentality (energy, pace, wide array of responsibilities, passion for their work).
Sparrow is a startup that is redefining sports training through computer vision and machine learning. Traditional coaching is due to be modernized with analysis and individualized feedback to players. Our goal is to make that happen using technology. Our flagship product, currently in pre-release, uses advanced machine learning and computer vision on a mobile device to analyze a golfer’s swing and provide feedback in real-time.
- Build an iOS app, heavy in video and animation.
- Work closely with one of the company co-founders, who has his PhD in Computer Vision, to implement models on device.
- Create proofs-of-concept, demos and final product.
- Citable projects demonstrating iOS proficiency
- BS/MS in CompSci or related discipline
- 2+ yrs experience in iOS development (Swift)
- Experience building complex interfaces
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Strong understanding of design patterns and good engineering practices.
- Experience learning & using 3rd party APIs
- Independent, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with multithreading programming
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited vacation time
- Join an angel-backed product-focused startup early
Nice to Haves:
-You love golf (a big plus)
In this role, you will work closely with the company founders, successful serial entrepreneurs who have started numerous companies, raised over $20 million in venture capital for them, and have 2 successful exits. You will also experience the startup culture and operational systems that helped produce several successful startups, including one worth $3 billion, one bought by Twitter, and one recently featured on TheEllenShow!
Send a cover letter, your resume and swift code sample to